6-PLANT TENT KIT from Start to Harvest
- Assemble the tent. It can be up in under 30 minutes; the instructions are in the tent box.
- Set up the timer. The instructions can be found in the timer package.
- Hang the light with the supplied light hangers and plug the light into the timer.
- Plug in the fans so they run 24/7. Put one fan in a bottom hole blowing into the tent for intake. Put the second fan in a top hole blowing out of the tent for exhaust. There are several ways these fans can be installed properly. Feel free to ask one of our sales representatives for help, if needed.
- Start by filling your 1 gallon pots with Happy Frog (or other recommended veg soil). Put your clones or seeds in Happy Frog and pat the soil down lightly. (Ask us for info sheets on seed starting or cloning, if needed.)
- Water the plants until you get run-off water coming out into your saucers. Water again when the soil is barely moist or when the pot is less than half its weight right after watering. This is the golden rule of watering that you must follow from beginning to end!
- Purified or RO water is ideal, but not required.
- The plants need 18 hours of light while they are vegging. Set your timer so the light is on for 18 hours and off for 6 hours.
- Start with your light all the way at the top of the tent, then lower it 6 inches every 3-4 days until the light is around 3-3.5 feet from the top of your plants. If you notice the top of your plants starting to become faded or yellow, your light may be too close and may need to be raised.
- The veg process normally takes 3-5 weeks, but there are many factors that affect this. Once the plants fill around half of their horizontal growing area in the tent, it is time to switch them to bloom!
- Fill your 5 gallon pots with Ocean Forest (or other recommended bloom soil) and transplant your plants from the 1 gallon pots to the 5 gallon pots, making sure to pat the soil down lightly. (Some people do this up to 1 week before switching to bloom.) Make sure the soil is not wet in your 1 gallon pots before trans- planting and be sure to give a full watering right after transplanting.
- To start the bloom process, set your timer so the light is on for 12 hours on and 12 hours off. When in bloom, make sure that no light gets into the tent during the night cycle—this is VERY important!
- Lower the light 6 inches every 3-4 days until the light is 2-3 feet from the top of your plants. If you notice the top of your plants start to become faded or yellow, your light may be too close and may need to be raised.
- Once you find the ideal distance between your light and the top of the plants, make sure to continue to raise the light as the plant grows to maintain that distance.
- After 4-5 weeks in the bloom stage—and if your plants are growing strongly—you may notice the plants starting to lose it’s lush green growth. You may want to get some nutrients at this point. Reach out to us for help on deciding what is best.
- After 8-9 weeks your plants will be ready to harvest! Reach out to us for help on the best way to harvest, and for tips and tricks.