- Views 1012
Warehouse Customer Care Associate
Reports to: Warehouse Lead, Store Manager
Based at: Way to Grow Retail Location
Summary Job Description:
This position is primarily responsible for receiving, storing, and distributing material, tools, equipment, and products within establishments in order to provide excellent customer care and increase efficiency of the sales staff. This will be primarily a Warehouse position but will also include any customer care, including sales floor activities, as needed. In those locations where CO2 tank refilling is needed, this position will assume responsibility for that as a secondary duty. This position will require periodic weekend shifts and a flexible schedule. This is a Full Time benefitted position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Arrive at work before shift dressed appropriately and fit for duty.
- Maintain a safe working environment through consistent safety practices, preventative checks and proper training on machinery. Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Creating and maintaining a high morale environment resulting in a better working and shopping environment for all.
Warehouse Specific Duties
- Stocking – Demonstrate a keen awareness of rational warehouse and store organization in order to maximize efficiency and function. Demonstrates and maintains a very high standard of product presentation and rational organization.
- Receiving – Double checking and issuing transfers, trucks, and RMA.
- Inventory – Doing inventory counts and corrections in the future.
- Shipping – Pulling and issuing inter-store transfers and RMA.
- Layaways – Sourcing items, Pulling items aside, making calls.
- Ordering – Double checking Big 3 POs and HQ transfers for inventory errors and communicating them with Purchasing. Placing Hydrofarm orders.
- Cleaning – Sweeping and mopping the floor on a regular basis, to keeping the store free of debris inside and out. Possibly cleaning/dusting shelves.
- Setting Shelves – Moving shelving and products as needed to accommodate new or obsolete products. Individual understands changing a whole shelf or rack layout in order to accommodate a new product as opposed to it being squeezed in.
- Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed and enter into computer.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Opens bales, crates, and other containers, redistributing as needed. Including transfers, back stock, bundling bamboo, cutting tubing, and media.
- Weighs or counts items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
- Drives vehicle to transport stored items from warehouse to plant or to pick up items from several locations for shipment, if needed and approved.
- Marks materials with identifying information.
- Help with the counting of inventory; Maintains inventory records.
- Completes requisition forms to order supplies from other plant departments.
- Reads customer orders, work orders, shipping orders, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed. Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Assist customers/cashiers with obtaining items for purchase. May ring up sales independently.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station, shipping department or customer transportation.
- May be required to fill CO2 canisters from bulk tank. This will necessitate a high degree of attention to detail, and advance onsite training will be provided.
- Additional duties as needed and assigned.
Required Core Competencies Necessary to Fulfill Position
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed. Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Dependability – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time. Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Motivation: Exhibit an ability to improve function through the development and implementation of new processes and procedures. Show that you can accurately identify areas in need of improvement and execute with proper planning the necessary changes in a timely fashion. (I.e. Measure twice, cut once mentality). Must be a self starter with the ability and drive to monitor and push one’s own activities
- Accuracy: Demonstrate deep personal connection with your position and place of work refusing to accept any outcome that is not completely accurate. (Numbers, monetary, inventory movement and customer interactions). Loads customer’s orders and ensures all items are received via a line by line receipt check and having the customer sign the receipt as well as yourself.
Required Qualifications Necessary to Fulfill Position
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos is required. Ability to write simple correspondence and to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization is a necessity. Ability to speak a second language is a plus.
- Reasoning: The ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations is needed throughout each day.
- Other Skills and Licensing:
- Forklift licensing and/or certification
- Scissorlift Certification
- Valid CO Driver’s License with Current MVR.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Working Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud to very loud.
To successfully perform this job, Core Competencies and Requisite Qualifications must be met and all Essential Duties and Responsibilities identified satisfactorily performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.