- Views 1271
Reports to: Senior Purchasing Agent, Director of Merchandise
Based at: Way to Grow Corporate Offices in Fort Collins, Colorado
The Corporate Purchasing Associate is a member of the Corporate Shared Services Team whose primary responsibility lies in supporting the Corporate Purchasing Team in maximizing retail stores efficiency and effectiveness through the flow of resale goods. The Corporate Purchasing Associate has responsibility for assisting with the central purchasing process of all resale goods for all Way to Grow stores and communicating with all departments to maximize efficiency and effectiveness. Strong vendor knowledge is key to successfully acquiring the highest quality products at the most favorable prices and terms, while close coordination and communication with stores, distribution centers and accounting is necessary to ensure an efficient business workflow is maintained at all times.
As a part of the Shared Services Team, this position is expected to support all stores and departments in order to maximize and promote efficiency and effectiveness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize online purchasing systems to acquire materials and parts needed.
- Study sales records and inventory levels.
- Assist with purchasing department projects to constantly improve inventory status and be able to show the value of such projects.
- Effective communication with shared services including accounting, logistics, distribution, and database management.
- Order WtG supplies and possibly capital equipment in a similar fashion to resale goods
- Prepare purchase/transfer requisitions in accordance with company policy and negotiated terms and conditions under supervision of managers.
- Buy materials, parts, supplies and equipments in a timely and cost effective way; while maintaining appropriate quality standards and specifications.
- Identification of bulk buy discounts and/or incentives from vendors.
- Interact successfully and professionally with all Way to Grow managers, employees, vendors and/or suppliers.
- Assist with special orders for customers to ensure superior customer service. Ensuring that we are getting the best price along with our high industry standards to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrate deep personal connection with your position and place of work refusing to accept any outcome that is not completely accurate (Numbers, monetary, inventory movement and customer interactions).
- Maintain a role to help promote a high morale environment resulting in a better working and shopping environment for all.
- Carry out duties of Senior Purchasing Agent when manager is absent or unable to complete tasks.
- Understand the need for possible use of personal vehicle for instances that may arise.
- Additional duties as needed and assigned as this is to be considered a living document which will grow as the company does.
Required Core Competencies Necessary to Fulfill Position
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things. Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed. Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments. Provides recognition for results.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals. Works within approved budget; Adheres to established cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Required Qualifications Necessary to fulfill Position
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (B. A.) from accredited four-year college or university; OR two years related experience and/or training; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Has the skill to write reports and business correspondence. Has the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Reasoning: Has the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; and is able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Business/Application Software Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting software; Contact Management systems; Database software; Internet software; Inventory software; Order Processing systems; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a W2G manager and/or employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To successfully perform this job, Core Competencies and Requisite Qualifications must be met and all Essential Duties and Responsibilities identified satisfactorily performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.