Double Ended Lighting Technology
Why is double ended technology, specifically the Gavita Pro E-Series, beating out the competition? This double ended lighting design allows power to more efficiently flow through the arc tube, and travel a shorter distance within the extreme conditions of the bulb. This results in an increased efficiency and higher P.A.R. output per watt. Additionally, these improvements combine to produce a bulb that has greater and more sustained spectrum.
Gavita Pro E-Series
I suggest the 600/750w version for most residential and low ceiling applications.
The 1000w version is ideal for commercial/industrial applications and grow rooms with higher ceiling heights.
If you are looking to increase essential oil production, I would add in the supplemental Plasma fixtures. These will fill out your spectrum and even add some beneficial UV rays.
Here are some more specific details to consider about the Gavita Pro E-Series grow lights:
- The Gavita EL1: This master controller can run up to 40 lights via one central controller which doubles as a timer.
- Autodim: This feature will dim the grow lights if the temperature of the room gets too warm.
- Auto Shut-off: This feature is your insurance policy. You can set a maximum temperature and if the room reaches this max, it will shut grow lights off to prevent total crop loss. This will help you sleep at night, knowing that your crop will not fail if your air conditioner does.
- Sunrise/sunset: This function will slowly turn the grow lights on and off, reducing humidity spikes by 30%. Additionally, slowly reducing the grow light allows the plants metabolism to gradually slow down. This will reduce the chance of powdery mildew, bud rot, and root rot diseases.
- Diming Options: The total control range for the Gavita Pro E-Series fixture is 50-110% (500w- 1100w). The ability to adjust all your grow lights simultaneously from one central point saves time.
- Constant read out of the light level/ grow room temperature: It is nice to walk by the controller and see your room temp at a glance.
- The Gavita Pro E-Series EL2: This master controller connects up 80 lights, and has the ability to add on two External Contactor Modules. These are 15 amp accessory contactors that can be used (one for grow lights on, one for grow lights off) to control the watering system, CO2 system, air conditioner, extra fans, heating, or dehumidifier. Note this system does require some hard wiring to customize your accessory.
- The Gavita Pro E-Series 600/750w DE Complete Fixture: The bulb and ballast are set to run at a lower wattage anywhere from 400 to 825w. This unit is comparable to an air cooled 1000w fixture when it comes to light coverage and spacing off the canopy. Ideal for lower ceilings, however mounting 2-3 feet above the canopy is still ideal.
- The Gavita Pro E-Series 1000w DE Complete Fixture: These 1000 watt grow lights have a significant output of 2100 μmol s-1. It is recommended to hang this light 3-4 feet above the canopy. Coverage is approximately 5×6 with overlap. This grow light is a go-to choice for industrial grow spaces and grow spaces with tall ceilings. This unit will give the most canopy penetration of all the Gavita products.
- The Gavita Pro E-Series Pro 270e LEP SUP/GROW US plasma light: This full spectrum unit is now custom tailored for Grow or Flower (supplemental to HPS). They are 30w and $250 less than their predecessor. These Gavita E-Series Plasma lights can be hooked up to the EL1 or EL2 controller. If the high temp shut off triggers, the plasma lights will stay on to preserve the photoperiod while not adding a detrimental level of heat to the room. The full spectrum light produces very strong, healthy growth in the vegetative phase. In bloom, Gavita recommends one plasma per every 2-4 hps grow lights. In bloom, the enhanced spectrum plasma will trigger more resin production, especially with the presence of UV light.
Gavita Pro E-Series is one of the best in the industry because of the time and energy that they spend on R&D. Stop by any Way to Grow and purchase a Gavita Pro E-Series, then tell Mike at the Fort Collins location on how much you love it!